My Thai Times

Monday, June 04, 2007

Bangkok Sky




I thought we had some serious thunderstorms in Virginia but that was nothing compared to some of the storms we have been experiencing here in Bangkok. I know I am 32 years old but I nearly jumped to the other side of the bed and hung on to Revonna for dear life one night while she was here and we had a particularly violent storm. After the raucous thunder woke me up and then the near constant flash of the lightning kept me awake, I had to remind myself that the lightling would not come through the window, that there were no trees near my building that would come crashing through the glass. Scary stuff. The picture of the lightning was taken by one of the teachers at school from his balcony.

Equally impressive in a quieter way are the sunsets. One night we went to dinner with some of my colleagues to celebrate two birthdays. We ate dinner at the top of the tallest building in Bangkok, Baiyoke Tower II (about 250 feet shorter than the Empire States Building). We enjoyed a fabulous Chinese buffet and a beautiful sunset. The picture of Revonna and me was taken in those few golden moments when the sun goes to bed. Afterwards, we went to the very top of the building for the revolving view of the city at night. Trying to get my bearings of the city up there proved to be a challenge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home