My Thai Times

Monday, August 07, 2006

My Groovy Studio Apartment




My apartment here is much nicer than the one in Richmond, and it's only $300 a month. It was a good idea to choose an apartment before I arrived because it freed up my time the first week so that I could rest and recover from the flight. Unlike some of my colleagues, my apartment had everything I needed. The landladies, Nat and Baby (they are sisters) are incredibly nice. Moving in was like taking over an apartment that someone just left--there was toilet paper, paper towels, sheets, pillows, bedspread, phone and electricity connected, silk flower arrangements, rugs, towels, soap, milk, coffee, sugar, noodles. Everything I needed was here.

Park Land, the apartment complex, is pretty large. There are at least thirteen towers which are built around a huge pool, courtyard with walking paths, and a basketball court. There are two restaraunts, post office, pharmacy, convenience store, coffee shop, massage parlor, hair dresser, gym, and laundry facilities. When I walk out of the gate, there are taxis lined up and motos for hire. Also, right outside of the gate there is a line of vendors that sell beverages, fresh fruit, sausages, rice dishes, beer, and other food that I haven't figured out yet.

1 Comments:

  • You have a very brady apartment Shell!
    I wish you would get some cable. You will be able to watch some HBO then. Since you don't have a lot of stuff, you won't have to do a lot of cleaning. Have fun making it your home for the next 2 years. Stef

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home