My Thai Times

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Preparing for the big adventure



I passed my physical and was deemed healthy by my physician. My passport has been renewed. All my paperwork has been sent to my new school. I should be getting my flight information soon. Relocating to Thailand is quickly becoming a reality.

Check out the school by visiting https://www.edline.net/pages/Thai_Chinese_IS

The Thai Chinese International School (TCIS) is a private, non-profit, day school for boys and girls founded in 1995 for the purpose of providing English language education for the Taiwanese community of Bangkok, as well as Thai and other communities. I will be teaching 7th Grade Language Arts.

The apartment complex where I will probably live is Thana City which consists of six buildings and include swimming pools, three restaurants, three mini marts, a Thai massage parlor, a salon, and three bars. The apartment is close to school but not so close to downtown. I will have to save my trips downtown for the weekend.

Stay tuned for next time when I answer the question that I have heard repeatedly since accepting this job, "Why do you want to go to Thailand?"

2 Comments:

  • Sawasdee! A thousand good wishes to you Michelle! May your trip be fruitful, alive and insightful...

    I may be in Thailand in the Fall for a week...see ya then;)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 8:35 PM  

  • Hello! I am glad to see your photos and know that you are doing ok and are happily going to the market and wanting to learn to speak Thai! You will be chattering away to everyone soon. I am back from Erin's wedding where everyone in Indiana says "HI" to you....they are all amazed that you wanted to go to thailand....love you. Write soon. Pat

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home